Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pork Noodle @ Restoran Makanan Sun Sea


That photo looks so sinful, does it not? Yes, after many years of hearing friends go on and on about how good the "OUG pork noodles" are, I finally get to devour a bowl and judge for myself.

We all ordered the same thing, just with different noodles. Mine was entirely in meehoon (rice noodle). I had high expectations because of how famous the stall is. However, I was not impressed by the restaurant itself. It could do with some major maintenance work.

After a short wait, our six bowls of pork noodle goodness arrived piping hot. I thought for RM5.50 ($1.90) per bowl, the serving portion was not bad - almost as big a serving as what we would normally get served in Sydney. It came with plenty of greens and unlike other pork noodle stalls, this also contained some seafood like prawn and squid. Perhaps these additional ingredients were what made their broth stand out from other stalls.

As I frequent OUG (Overseas Union Garden), I know that parking is a problem and because this restaurant (more like a corner coffee shop with lots of hawker stalls) is situated directly opposite the wet market, I made it a point to park further away from the shops and walk. Well, we all did, really. So, remember this if you plan to visit. Oh, and heaps of tissue paper to wipe your sweat of - can get really stuffy inside the restaurant.

Sun Sea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Restoran Makanan Sun Sea
Jalan Hujan Rahmat, Taman OUG, 58200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
*Closed on Wednesdays

No comments: